Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Vegetarian Brown Lentil Chili

Chili is a staple in my house. It is definitely one of my go-to meals when I don't have much time or many groceries. Sometimes, though, meat and I are not the best of friends. When I found out I could use brown lentils to replace the meat in chill, I could not wait to try it out!
I was not disappointed! The meat was not missed at all, and even my husband liked this version!



Ingredients

1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion diced
1 bell pepper diced
1 can brown lentils, drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 19oz. cans diced tomatoes
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
3 Tablespoons honey
salt and pepper to taste


Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and pepper to the pot and cook until tender. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer at least 15 minutes. 

Top with avocado, sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips, or all of the above!


Enjoy!

-Arianne

No comments:

Post a Comment