Monday, November 3, 2014

Honey Mustard Glazed Grilled Halibut/Salmon

I have always hated fish. HATE IT. I know that it is healthy for me so I try and eat it as often as I can, plus my husband and daughters both love it. I have been using this great recipe from Modern Healthy Mom for a couple of years now and I have to say that I actually 'like' fish when prepared this way. She uses salmon in her recipe, but both my husband and I don't really love salmon, so we usually do halibut (we find it less fishy tasting). Whatever you choose, is sure to be good! I used to only make this in the oven, but recently have started to grill it, and I have to say grill wins all the way. Are we really surprised? 



Ingredients 

4 salmon/halibut fillets
1 tablespoon of butter/coconut oil (both are delicious)
1 tablespoon coconut sugar/brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

Directions 

Put butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and melt. Remove from heat and add in the sugar, soy sauce, honey and mustard and stir to combine. Rinse fish in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. 

Oil the grill and heat to medium high heat. Place fish on the grill, brush with sauce and close the lid. Cook for 5-6 minutes then flip and brush with more sauce. Cook for 4-5 more minutes or until halibut is done. When the glossy sheen is gone and the halibut is flaky and opaque through the middle, you know it is ready. Enjoy - Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment